Thumb wrestling champs crowned
Hayley MaceDozens of competitors have put their strength to the test at the second UK Thumb Wrestling Championships in Lowestoft.Hayley Mace
Dozens of competitors have put their strength to the test at the second UK Thumb Wrestling Championships in Lowestoft.
Sixty-four people took part in the event on Saturday which involved small-scale battles to find out who had the UK's strongest thumbs and which attracted entrants from as far afield as Glasgow.
Jed Bellis, nicknamed The Thumbertaker, won the men's title and Jennifer Cripps, of Norwich, was named the champion in the lady's competition.
Organiser Rory Bellis said: 'We had two new winners, so it was very exciting. We had interest from all over the country and so the plan is certainly to do it again next year.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight