Thumb wrestling champs crowned
Hayley MaceDozens of competitors have put their strength to the test at the second UK Thumb Wrestling Championships in Lowestoft.Hayley Mace
Dozens of competitors have put their strength to the test at the second UK Thumb Wrestling Championships in Lowestoft.
Sixty-four people took part in the event on Saturday which involved small-scale battles to find out who had the UK's strongest thumbs and which attracted entrants from as far afield as Glasgow.
Jed Bellis, nicknamed The Thumbertaker, won the men's title and Jennifer Cripps, of Norwich, was named the champion in the lady's competition.
Organiser Rory Bellis said: 'We had two new winners, so it was very exciting. We had interest from all over the country and so the plan is certainly to do it again next year.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 2 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 3 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
- 5 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 6 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 7 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 10 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds