Service of thanksgiving for Tim WhelptonThe Rev Neville Khambatta conducted at Upton Church a service of thanksgiving for the life of Tim Whelpton, who died very suddenly on March 27 at the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club.
Service of thanksgiving for Tim Whelpton
The Rev Neville Khambatta conducted at Upton Church a service of thanksgiving for the life of Tim Whelpton, who died very suddenly on March 27 at the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club.
Tim Whelpton's career as an Olympic yachtsman and true East Anglian gentleman was recalled by Sir Timothy Colman, whose yacht, Crossbow II, Tim Whelpton built at his Upton boatyard and subsequently crewed.
The chairman of Upton Parish Council, of which Tim was vice-chairman, also spoke. Further tributes were paid by a patron of Tim Whelpton's boatyard and by Geoffrey Copeman. At the conclusion of the service, three cheers for Tim Whelpton rang out, which almost raised the church roof. The organist was Peter Murray. A retiring collection was made for the Excelsior Trust - a cause close to Tim's heart.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 9 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 10 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week