Service of thanksgiving for Tim WhelptonThe Rev Neville Khambatta conducted at Upton Church a service of thanksgiving for the life of Tim Whelpton, who died very suddenly on March 27 at the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club.
Service of thanksgiving for Tim Whelpton
The Rev Neville Khambatta conducted at Upton Church a service of thanksgiving for the life of Tim Whelpton, who died very suddenly on March 27 at the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club.
Tim Whelpton's career as an Olympic yachtsman and true East Anglian gentleman was recalled by Sir Timothy Colman, whose yacht, Crossbow II, Tim Whelpton built at his Upton boatyard and subsequently crewed.
The chairman of Upton Parish Council, of which Tim was vice-chairman, also spoke. Further tributes were paid by a patron of Tim Whelpton's boatyard and by Geoffrey Copeman. At the conclusion of the service, three cheers for Tim Whelpton rang out, which almost raised the church roof. The organist was Peter Murray. A retiring collection was made for the Excelsior Trust - a cause close to Tim's heart.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 2 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through region
- 3 Lowestoft gets £24.9m for key town centre projects
- 4 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?
- 5 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 6 Pontins accused of using discriminatory 'undesirable guest' list
- 7 'A big thank you' - Superheroes salute key workers and NHS staff
- 8 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 9 The voice of the Shipping Forecast publishes latest fox storybook
- 10 Sex offender caught with indecent images avoids prison