Service of thanksgiving for Tim WhelptonThe Rev Neville Khambatta conducted at Upton Church a service of thanksgiving for the life of Tim Whelpton, who died very suddenly on March 27 at the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club.
Service of thanksgiving for Tim Whelpton
The Rev Neville Khambatta conducted at Upton Church a service of thanksgiving for the life of Tim Whelpton, who died very suddenly on March 27 at the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club.
Tim Whelpton's career as an Olympic yachtsman and true East Anglian gentleman was recalled by Sir Timothy Colman, whose yacht, Crossbow II, Tim Whelpton built at his Upton boatyard and subsequently crewed.
The chairman of Upton Parish Council, of which Tim was vice-chairman, also spoke. Further tributes were paid by a patron of Tim Whelpton's boatyard and by Geoffrey Copeman. At the conclusion of the service, three cheers for Tim Whelpton rang out, which almost raised the church roof. The organist was Peter Murray. A retiring collection was made for the Excelsior Trust - a cause close to Tim's heart.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 7 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 8 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 9 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk