Service of thanksgiving for Tim WhelptonThe Rev Neville Khambatta conducted at Upton Church a service of thanksgiving for the life of Tim Whelpton, who died very suddenly on March 27 at the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club.
Service of thanksgiving for Tim Whelpton
The Rev Neville Khambatta conducted at Upton Church a service of thanksgiving for the life of Tim Whelpton, who died very suddenly on March 27 at the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club.
Tim Whelpton's career as an Olympic yachtsman and true East Anglian gentleman was recalled by Sir Timothy Colman, whose yacht, Crossbow II, Tim Whelpton built at his Upton boatyard and subsequently crewed.
The chairman of Upton Parish Council, of which Tim was vice-chairman, also spoke. Further tributes were paid by a patron of Tim Whelpton's boatyard and by Geoffrey Copeman. At the conclusion of the service, three cheers for Tim Whelpton rang out, which almost raised the church roof. The organist was Peter Murray. A retiring collection was made for the Excelsior Trust - a cause close to Tim's heart.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 2 Acid attack victim opens heart to TV star on true crime show
- 3 Woman bruised after being bitten by dog
- 4 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 5 Adapted trike helping to fulfil dreams and bring back 'happy memories'
- 6 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 7 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 8 Pier owners looking forward to bright future
- 9 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 10 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"