Time to vote for a Sunrise winner
ENTRIES for the Sunrise Coast Tourism Awards are arriving in great numbers but there is still time to nominate your favourite.The awards are organised by the Waveney Tourism Forum and are being supported by the Lowestoft Journal and Beccles and Bungay Journal.
ENTRIES for the Sunrise Coast Tourism Awards are arriving in great numbers but there is still time to nominate your favourite.
The awards are organised by the Waveney Tourism Forum and are being supported by the Lowestoft Journal and Beccles and Bungay Journal.
Tourism is one of Waveney's leading businesses and each year the Sunrise Coast welcomes more than four million visitors. The industry contributes more than �235m to the local economy and supports more than 11pc of jobs in the area.
Tourism businesses in the Waveney area have already achieved a great deal of success in the Tourism in Suffolk awards with Pleasurewood Hills being awarded the best visitor experience and Southwold Pier winning the best large attraction category.
You may also want to watch:
The competition in all categories in Waveney is going to be well contested and the judging panel made up of tourism forum members and representatives of the two newspapers will have a difficult task.
The categories this year include Best Bed and Breakfast, Best Hotel, Best Holiday Park, Best Small Attraction (under 10,000 visitors a year), Best Large Attraction (more than 10,000 visitors a year) and new for 2009 Best Heritage Venue.
- 1 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 2 Acid attack victim opens heart to TV star on true crime show
- 3 Woman bruised after being bitten by dog
- 4 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 5 Adapted trike helping to fulfil dreams and bring back 'happy memories'
- 6 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 7 Pier owners looking forward to bright future
- 8 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 9 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 10 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"
Among the nominations already received are those for the Upstairs Gallery, in Beccles, and St Michael's Church Tower and tourist information centre also in Beccles.
Fans of the tower centre at Beccles say it is 'informative, well run, interesting and gives magnificent local views' with all profits going to good causes.
The Upstairs Gallery in Beccles also has plenty of fans.
It not only provides great facilities for artists but provides a wealth of information for visitors, says one tourist while a local resident says there is more to see every time she visits.
To make your nomination complete the form in today's Journal and send it to: 2009 Sunrise Coast Tourism Awards, Lowestoft Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft NR32 1NB. Nominations close on October 30.