Toby and Marley top Pets on Parade polls
THE appealing faces of more than 100 cats and dogs certainly attracted the attention of Journal readers.The Pets on Parade competition attracted scores of votes and the winners were in doubt right up to the closing date last Friday.
THE appealing faces of more than 100 cats and dogs certainly attracted the attention of Journal readers.
The Pets on Parade competition attracted scores of votes and the winners were in doubt right up to the closing date last Friday.
When all the votes were counted the winning dog was Toby, a Lhaso Apso owned by Deberah Wallace of Damask Close, Lowestoft.
The runner-up was Ghost, a German Shepherd owned by Sue Alderton, of Tonning Street, Lowestoft, and third was Smudge, a Dalmatian owned by Marcia Smith, of Whapload Road, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
It was an equally close fought contest among the cats.
The eventual winner was Marley, owned by Diane Hart of May Road, Lowestoft.
- 1 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 2 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 5 Suzuki and Honda motorbikes stolen in overnight thefts
- 6 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 7 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 8 Bulky waste collection service suspended
- 9 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 10 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
Second was Joseph owned by Jerrie Lines of Queens Road, Lowestoft, and third was Mustard, owned by Cindy Brown of Stevens Street, Lowestoft.
The winning owner will receive a 20in x 16in framed portrait of their pet from Picture Studios of Lowestoft and a personalised bowl from the Paint and Create company based at Henstead, near Lowestoft.
The runners-up receive a 10in x 8in framed portrait and the third placed owners will receive a 7in x 5in framed portrait.