Tom Jones' Norwich concert cancelled
Anthony CarrollThe Tom Jones concert at Carrow Road on Saturday, June 5 has been postponed because of work to extend the ground's capacity.Norwich City Football Club decided to pull the pug on the Welsh singer's gig because it was not possible to install extra seats and host a concert at the same time.Anthony Carroll
The Tom Jones concert at Carrow Road on Saturday, June 5 has been postponed because of work to extend the ground's capacity.
Norwich City Football Club decided to pull the pug on the Welsh singer's gig because it was not possible to install extra seats and host a concert at the same time.
Club officials say the work is needed to provide an opportunity for as many Canaries as possible to enjoy the forthcoming Championship season.
Full tickets will be provided from points of purchase and discussions will now take place between Norwich City and Mr Jones and his management on the possibility of rearranging the concert at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
A Norwich City spokesman said: 'We are very disappointed to announce that the Tom Jones concert scheduled for Saturday, June 5 at Carrow Road has been postponed.
'Following a season which has seen a number of Carrow Road sell-outs the club has been working hard to find ways to maximise its capacity for the 2010-11 season in order to provide the opportunity for more home fans to attend games.
- 1 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 2 How £540m boost could transform Lowestoft for generations to come
- 3 Two people injured after crash between BMW and Vauxhall
- 4 Major investments at 'incredibly exciting time' for coastal town
- 5 Hit-and-run leaves cyclist with head injuries
- 6 Hospital first in UK to open vaccine clinic for people with disabilities
- 7 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 8 Decision to develop 33 homes in field deferred
- 9 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike
- 10 Plan passed to turn care home into 11 rooms for adults with complex needs
'The review undertaken on behalf of the club has identified additional areas for extra seats, which has extended the work beyond what was originally planned.
'This work will therefore cause more disruption to the stadium over the summer than was originally anticipated.
'Unfortunately it is not possible to install the extra seating and host a concert. With sincere regret the club has had to take the decision to postpone Tom Jones' appearance.'
Are you a Tom Jones fan who was looking forward to seeing him perform at Carrow Road? What do you think of the decision to postpone the concert?
Contact reporter Anthony Carroll on email@example.com or call 01493 847955.