Tom Jones' Norwich concert cancelled
Anthony CarrollThe Tom Jones concert at Carrow Road on Saturday, June 5 has been postponed because of work to extend the ground's capacity.Norwich City Football Club decided to pull the pug on the Welsh singer's gig because it was not possible to install extra seats and host a concert at the same time.Anthony Carroll
The Tom Jones concert at Carrow Road on Saturday, June 5 has been postponed because of work to extend the ground's capacity.
Norwich City Football Club decided to pull the pug on the Welsh singer's gig because it was not possible to install extra seats and host a concert at the same time.
Club officials say the work is needed to provide an opportunity for as many Canaries as possible to enjoy the forthcoming Championship season.
Full tickets will be provided from points of purchase and discussions will now take place between Norwich City and Mr Jones and his management on the possibility of rearranging the concert at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
A Norwich City spokesman said: 'We are very disappointed to announce that the Tom Jones concert scheduled for Saturday, June 5 at Carrow Road has been postponed.
'Following a season which has seen a number of Carrow Road sell-outs the club has been working hard to find ways to maximise its capacity for the 2010-11 season in order to provide the opportunity for more home fans to attend games.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 8 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 9 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings
'The review undertaken on behalf of the club has identified additional areas for extra seats, which has extended the work beyond what was originally planned.
'This work will therefore cause more disruption to the stadium over the summer than was originally anticipated.
'Unfortunately it is not possible to install the extra seating and host a concert. With sincere regret the club has had to take the decision to postpone Tom Jones' appearance.'
Are you a Tom Jones fan who was looking forward to seeing him perform at Carrow Road? What do you think of the decision to postpone the concert?
Contact reporter Anthony Carroll on email@example.com or call 01493 847955.