Ton-up Guides weekend of fun
MORE than 500 youngsters gathered for a 'memorable' weekend of fun, friendship and fantastic fireworks in Pakefield.About 40 units of guides, brownies, rangers, guiders and trefoil guild members joined forces to celebrate 100 years of UK guiding earlier this month.
MORE than 500 youngsters gathered for a 'memorable' weekend of fun, friendship and fantastic fireworks in Pakefield.
About 40 units of guides, brownies, rangers, guiders and trefoil guild members joined forces to celebrate 100 years of UK guiding earlier this month.
They all gathered at Pontin's holiday centre over the weekend of April 9-12 to enjoy numerous 'adventurous activities' and 'creative crafts', according to organisers.
The evening entertainment saw all sections enjoy party dance games, campfire singing, discos and songs from the musicals, performed by Pontin's bluecoats.
Also joining them on the Saturday afternoon were 60 youngsters from the Rainbow unit, with their leaders, who enjoyed activities, games, donkey rides, crafts and a special show ahead of an evening campfire and a spectacular firework display.
'For many it was a mountain top experience and a most memorable weekend,' Wendy Boyce, the Lowestoft division outdoor activity/camp adviser said.
- 1 Garden transformed into Christmas winter wonderland for local causes
- 2 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 3 Milk in the spotlight for thought provoking projection in Lowestoft
- 4 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed
- 5 Suspended sentence for former church worker who indecently assaulted girl
- 6 Lowestoft car damaged after being covered in food and brake fluid
- 7 Suffolk seaside village named among coastal property hotspots
- 8 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 9 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 10 Hunt for biker continues after cyclist seriously hurt in Lowestoft crash