Ton-up Guides weekend of fun
MORE than 500 youngsters gathered for a 'memorable' weekend of fun, friendship and fantastic fireworks in Pakefield.About 40 units of guides, brownies, rangers, guiders and trefoil guild members joined forces to celebrate 100 years of UK guiding earlier this month.
MORE than 500 youngsters gathered for a 'memorable' weekend of fun, friendship and fantastic fireworks in Pakefield.
About 40 units of guides, brownies, rangers, guiders and trefoil guild members joined forces to celebrate 100 years of UK guiding earlier this month.
They all gathered at Pontin's holiday centre over the weekend of April 9-12 to enjoy numerous 'adventurous activities' and 'creative crafts', according to organisers.
The evening entertainment saw all sections enjoy party dance games, campfire singing, discos and songs from the musicals, performed by Pontin's bluecoats.
You may also want to watch:
Also joining them on the Saturday afternoon were 60 youngsters from the Rainbow unit, with their leaders, who enjoyed activities, games, donkey rides, crafts and a special show ahead of an evening campfire and a spectacular firework display.
'For many it was a mountain top experience and a most memorable weekend,' Wendy Boyce, the Lowestoft division outdoor activity/camp adviser said.
- 1 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 2 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 3 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 4 'A bit ridiculous': Environment Agency criticised after flood alert delay
- 5 Will Suffolk rubbish tip booking system remain permanently post-Covid?
- 6 Plea for answers after blacksmith's 'devastating' death
- 7 Former care home could be turned into supported housing
- 8 Suspected counterfeit cigarettes seized from Lowestoft business
- 9 Designer sunglasses stolen from parked car
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary