Ton-up Guides weekend of fun
MORE than 500 youngsters gathered for a 'memorable' weekend of fun, friendship and fantastic fireworks in Pakefield.About 40 units of guides, brownies, rangers, guiders and trefoil guild members joined forces to celebrate 100 years of UK guiding earlier this month.
MORE than 500 youngsters gathered for a 'memorable' weekend of fun, friendship and fantastic fireworks in Pakefield.
About 40 units of guides, brownies, rangers, guiders and trefoil guild members joined forces to celebrate 100 years of UK guiding earlier this month.
They all gathered at Pontin's holiday centre over the weekend of April 9-12 to enjoy numerous 'adventurous activities' and 'creative crafts', according to organisers.
The evening entertainment saw all sections enjoy party dance games, campfire singing, discos and songs from the musicals, performed by Pontin's bluecoats.
You may also want to watch:
Also joining them on the Saturday afternoon were 60 youngsters from the Rainbow unit, with their leaders, who enjoyed activities, games, donkey rides, crafts and a special show ahead of an evening campfire and a spectacular firework display.
'For many it was a mountain top experience and a most memorable weekend,' Wendy Boyce, the Lowestoft division outdoor activity/camp adviser said.
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 5 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 6 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 7 Woman suffering flashbacks and seizures after unprovoked attack
- 8 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 9 Lowestoft 'bold modern' beach huts decision pushed back
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings