Tonnes of hospital waste found dumped
TONNES of hospital waste - including human excrement, blood, dressings and used nappies were discovered earlier today.The Environment Agency is appealing for drivers to stay away from Hulver Road, Beccles, close to the town's old airfield.
TONNES of hospital waste - including human excrement, blood, dressings and used nappies were discovered earlier today.
The Environment Agency is appealing for drivers to stay away from Hulver Road, Beccles, close to the town's old airfield.
Suffolk Police cordoned off the area and a specialist waste disposal company has been contacted to remove the three and a half tonnes of waste to an appropriate treatment plant.
The Agency is asking anyone with any information to contact them in confidence on 0800 807060.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesperson Marcus Sibley said: 'We want drivers to stay away from the area for obvious health and safety reasons until this terrible fly-tip has been cleared.
'Hospitals should ensure that the companies they employ to take away their waste is properly registered to do so.'
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 4 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 6 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 7 Former EDL organiser calls Covid 'a radical extremist's dream'
- 8 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 9 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 10 Everyone at group's 32 care homes to get vaccine within 10 days