Tonnes of hospital waste found dumped
TONNES of hospital waste - including human excrement, blood, dressings and used nappies were discovered earlier today.The Environment Agency is appealing for drivers to stay away from Hulver Road, Beccles, close to the town's old airfield.
TONNES of hospital waste - including human excrement, blood, dressings and used nappies were discovered earlier today.
The Environment Agency is appealing for drivers to stay away from Hulver Road, Beccles, close to the town's old airfield.
Suffolk Police cordoned off the area and a specialist waste disposal company has been contacted to remove the three and a half tonnes of waste to an appropriate treatment plant.
The Agency is asking anyone with any information to contact them in confidence on 0800 807060.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesperson Marcus Sibley said: 'We want drivers to stay away from the area for obvious health and safety reasons until this terrible fly-tip has been cleared.
'Hospitals should ensure that the companies they employ to take away their waste is properly registered to do so.'
- 1 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 2 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
- 3 Coup for Blues with signing of former Norwich City youngster
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 6 Club puts safety and well-being first as facility is 'closed to all'
- 7 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools