Tonnes of hospital waste found dumped
TONNES of hospital waste - including human excrement, blood, dressings and used nappies were discovered earlier today.The Environment Agency is appealing for drivers to stay away from Hulver Road, Beccles, close to the town's old airfield.
TONNES of hospital waste - including human excrement, blood, dressings and used nappies were discovered earlier today.
The Environment Agency is appealing for drivers to stay away from Hulver Road, Beccles, close to the town's old airfield.
Suffolk Police cordoned off the area and a specialist waste disposal company has been contacted to remove the three and a half tonnes of waste to an appropriate treatment plant.
The Agency is asking anyone with any information to contact them in confidence on 0800 807060.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesperson Marcus Sibley said: 'We want drivers to stay away from the area for obvious health and safety reasons until this terrible fly-tip has been cleared.
'Hospitals should ensure that the companies they employ to take away their waste is properly registered to do so.'
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 6 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 People warned of dangers of eroding cliffs on Suffolk-Norfolk border beach