Tonnes of hospital waste found dumped
TONNES of hospital waste - including human excrement, blood, dressings and used nappies were discovered earlier today.The Environment Agency is appealing for drivers to stay away from Hulver Road, Beccles, close to the town's old airfield.
TONNES of hospital waste - including human excrement, blood, dressings and used nappies were discovered earlier today.
The Environment Agency is appealing for drivers to stay away from Hulver Road, Beccles, close to the town's old airfield.
Suffolk Police cordoned off the area and a specialist waste disposal company has been contacted to remove the three and a half tonnes of waste to an appropriate treatment plant.
The Agency is asking anyone with any information to contact them in confidence on 0800 807060.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesperson Marcus Sibley said: 'We want drivers to stay away from the area for obvious health and safety reasons until this terrible fly-tip has been cleared.
'Hospitals should ensure that the companies they employ to take away their waste is properly registered to do so.'
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 6 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 Businesses pitch in to give vital support to Lowestoft charities
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft