Tonnes of hospital waste found dumped
TONNES of hospital waste - including human excrement, blood, dressings and used nappies were discovered earlier today.The Environment Agency is appealing for drivers to stay away from Hulver Road, Beccles, close to the town's old airfield.
TONNES of hospital waste - including human excrement, blood, dressings and used nappies were discovered earlier today.
The Environment Agency is appealing for drivers to stay away from Hulver Road, Beccles, close to the town's old airfield.
Suffolk Police cordoned off the area and a specialist waste disposal company has been contacted to remove the three and a half tonnes of waste to an appropriate treatment plant.
The Agency is asking anyone with any information to contact them in confidence on 0800 807060.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesperson Marcus Sibley said: 'We want drivers to stay away from the area for obvious health and safety reasons until this terrible fly-tip has been cleared.
'Hospitals should ensure that the companies they employ to take away their waste is properly registered to do so.'
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?