Top acts announced for Marina Theatre’s winter season
- Credit: Archant
Marcus Brigstocke and The Hollies are among the acts confirmed for The Marina Theatre's winter season.
The winter season will launch on November 12 with Westlife's Shane Filan performing in the town for the first time, followed by comedian Jim Davidson the following night.
Ballets, orchestras, musicals, operas, singers, bands and comedians will all grace the stage over the next few months as part of the diverse schedule.
Marina Theatre Chief Executive Martin Halliday said: 'Over the coming months we have a host of entertainment for all the family including our spectacular fun-packed pantomime, Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs, the Moscow City Ballet with their superb production of The Nutcracker and the brand new sequel to the musical Dreamboats & Petticoats, Dreamboats & Miniskirts.
'Some top names will be performing in Lowestoft for the very first time and along with some old favourites returning by popular demand.
You may also want to watch:
'As we enter our fourth year as a charitable trust we have been bowled over by the response to our efforts from the local community and we very much appreciate their ongoing support for our diverse programme of entertainment.'
It is set to be a good year for comedians visiting the town, as Al Murray returns with his show One Man, One Guvnor on February 26 and Andy Parsons is scheduled to perform in May.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 4 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
Managers also confirmed an evening with Strictly Come Dancing's Pasha Kovalev in April and a visit from the 60th anniversary tour of the West End Agatha Christie classic The Mousetrap.
For full details of the winter line-up, or to book, call the box office on 10502 533 220 or visit marinatheatre.co.uk.