Tractor blaze in Lowestoft is thought to have been ‘deliberate’
FIREFIGHTERS from Lowestoft were called out following reports of a tractor blaze at a piggery, which is being treated as suspicious.
Two crews from Lowestoft South fire station tackled the blaze at Fairhead Loke in Carlton Colville at 1.15pm yesterday (Sunday).
A brigade spokesman said: 'Crews were called to the piggery to reports of a tractor on fire in a straw shed.'
On arrival at the scene firefighters found 'smoke and flames issuing from the tractor.'
Crews quickly put out the flames and the spokesman said: 'The fire is believed to be of deliberate ignition.'
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews were back at their stations by 2.20pm and police have been informed of the blaze.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 5 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 10 Town's Post Office branch to reopen