Traffic calming not always sensible
THE 20mph speed limit and traffic calming measures on the main, seafront road are very sensible.Not so sensible, however, is the fact that the 20mph limit is raised to 30mph on the approach to St Mary's Primary School.
THE 20mph speed limit and traffic calming measures on the main, seafront road are very sensible.
Not so sensible, however, is the fact that the 20mph limit is raised to 30mph on the approach to St Mary's Primary School.
I have noticed several drivers obviously irked by the earlier restrictions, put on a huge spurt of speed which takes them past the school.
Pakefield Primary School has new safety measures so why can't the road outside St Mary's have the same considerations?
You may also want to watch:
It would be simple, just to move the 20mph limit along to Kensington Gardens.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 8 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 9 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre