Traffic ‘carnage’ at railway crossing as re-signalling work starts
- Credit: Suffolk and Norfolk Travel Information
A road closure is causing traffic problems at a rail crossing in Oulton Broad.
Bridge Road North, is reportedly closed until 4am tomorrow morning (Monday) while Network Rail carries out preparation work as part of a re-signalling project.
Signs at the scene indicate a second closure next weekend from 11pm Saturday (April 21) to 4am Monday (April 23).
There will be access to pedestrians and cyclists at all times.
Diversions are in place via Bascule Bridge.
You may also want to watch:
People have taken to social media to vent their frustration at the hold ups, tagging it as 'madness', 'carnage', and 'horrendous.'
A spokesman for Network Rail said: 'We are carrying out preparation work as part of a re-signalling project.'
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 9 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft