Traffic ‘carnage’ at railway crossing as re-signalling work starts
- Credit: Suffolk and Norfolk Travel Information
A road closure is causing traffic problems at a rail crossing in Oulton Broad.
Bridge Road North, is reportedly closed until 4am tomorrow morning (Monday) while Network Rail carries out preparation work as part of a re-signalling project.
Signs at the scene indicate a second closure next weekend from 11pm Saturday (April 21) to 4am Monday (April 23).
There will be access to pedestrians and cyclists at all times.
Diversions are in place via Bascule Bridge.
You may also want to watch:
People have taken to social media to vent their frustration at the hold ups, tagging it as 'madness', 'carnage', and 'horrendous.'
A spokesman for Network Rail said: 'We are carrying out preparation work as part of a re-signalling project.'
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 6 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew