Town centre traffic returns to normal in Lowestoft following low-loader delays
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is back to normal in Lowestoft town centre after earlier delays caused by a low-loader becoming stuck.
The lengthy vehicle was turning down Commercial Road when it got stuck, leading to heavy traffic across an already busy part of the town.
Tailbacks were seen on many of Lowestoft's most congested roads, including Station Square, Denmark Road, Bevan Street East, the A47 Katwijk Way and Clapham Road South.
After-effects were still being felt by motorists more than an hour after the incident, but traffic has now returned to normal.
You can access up to date travel information by viewing our travel map.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 4 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 7 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 8 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 9 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 10 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat