Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- Credit: Highways England
Drivers are reporting problems today after a bridge's traffic lights on a major road have become stuck on red.
The traffic lights on the bascule bridge, on the A47 at Lowestoft, are stuck on red and there are traffic problems on both sides of the road.
The A47 is a major route between Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth and Norwich and also joins the A12 for Ipswich.
The first problems were reported at 6.45am.
The AA has posted the following on the traffic news site: "Slow traffic due to traffic signal failure on A47 Waveney Road at A12. Traffic lights are stuck on red. Approach with care."
You may also want to watch:
As well as heavy traffic in the area, local bus services have been impacted.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 5 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 6 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 7 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 8 Woman suffering flashbacks and seizures after unprovoked attack
- 9 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 10 Lowestoft 'bold modern' beach huts decision pushed back