Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- Credit: Google Maps
Two busy stretches of road are set to be temporarily closed to allow repairs to be carried out.
Motorists are being warned to expect delays next week as the A12 London Road and the A12 Bloodmoor Road in south Lowestoft are being closed overnight with traffic diverted.
Suffolk County Council's Highways team will be carrying out the works on the A12 London Road from Bloodmoor Road until the Tower Road southern roundabout and on the A12 Bloodmoor Road from the roundabout with Castleton Avenue until London Road.
The roads will be closed for "carriageway resurfacing" for four evenings from 7.30pm on Tuesday, March 2 until 5am the next day with works continuing overnight thereafter between 7.30pm and 5am until Saturday, March 6.
With both roads temporarily closed and traffic restrictions in place “delays are likely” while the work is carried out, according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
You may also want to watch:
It states a diversion route of about 41.3km will be in operation throughout the course of the works running from the A12, A145, A146, A1145 and vice versa.
- 1 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 2 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 3 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 4 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 5 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 6 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 10 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son