A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Police have re-opened a stretch of the A12 near Southwold following a collision between two lorries and a car on Thursday morning.
Police were called by the ambulance service just after 8am to reports of a three-vehicle collision on the road Frostenden.
The A12 was blocked for many hours between the crossroads at Barnaby Green to the south (near The Plough pub) and the turning for Frostenden Corner to the north.
Motorists were advised to avoid the area and use an alternative route if possible.
The road was re-opened before 5.30pm.
Any witnesses, or anyone driving in the area at about 8am with a dashcam in their vehicle, should call the roads and armed policing team on 101, quoting reference CAD 54 of March 4.
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 4 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 7 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 10 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk