Air ambulance called to serious two-vehicle collision on A144
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
The A144 near Halesworth has reopened after an air ambulance was called to a serious collision between two vehicles on Sunday evening.
Officers from Suffolk police received reports of the incident at Stone Street, north of the town, at around 9.40pm last night.
An ambulance and fire crews were also called to the scene.
The conditions of the motorists involved in the collision are not known at this time.
A police spokesman confirmed the road remained closed in both directions for several hours after the incident, but it reopened later in the morning.
Officers are appealing for any witnesses to the collision to come forward, quoting CAD 346 of August 15.
- 1 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 2 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 9 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 10 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC