Fallen telegraph pole blocks road
- Credit: Google Maps
An East Suffolk road, close to the A12, is set to be closed this morning after a telegraph pole fell down and blocked the road.
The A144 in Bramfield, near Halesworth, is to be closed by Suffolk police after the carriageway became blocked by the damaged pole.
The road is blocked between Low Road and Edwards Lane.
Motorists are being advised to take an alternative route.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said it was not clear how it had become damaged but said that Suffolk Highways were on route to the scene,as well as UK Power Networks.
A Met Office yellow-level warning came into force at 9pm last night, which will remain in place until 3pm this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Damaged power lines are already causing problems elsewhere in Suffolk.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 5 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 6 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 7 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 8 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 9 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 10 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away