Fallen telegraph pole blocks road
- Credit: Google Maps
An East Suffolk road, close to the A12, is set to be closed this morning after a telegraph pole fell down and blocked the road.
The A144 in Bramfield, near Halesworth, is to be closed by Suffolk police after the carriageway became blocked by the damaged pole.
The road is blocked between Low Road and Edwards Lane.
Motorists are being advised to take an alternative route.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said it was not clear how it had become damaged but said that Suffolk Highways were on route to the scene,as well as UK Power Networks.
A Met Office yellow-level warning came into force at 9pm last night, which will remain in place until 3pm this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Damaged power lines are already causing problems elsewhere in Suffolk.
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 4 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 7 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 8 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 9 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 10 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk