A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- Credit: Google
The A47 near Lowestoft will undergo roadworks starting Monday, September 20.
The works will last for two weeks to allow for Highways England to improve road markings and studs, as well as for routine maintenance to be carried out safely.
The works will be on weekdays only, and will mostly run overnight from 8pm to 6am.
Yarmouth Road will be closed between Jubilee Way and Rackhams Corner roundabout, and Corton Long Lane roundabout will also close during the works.
During the closure between Jubilee Way and Rackhams Corner, traffic will be diverted at Corton Long Lane roundabout via Millennium Way, Normanston Drive, and St Peters Street.
During the closure of Corton Long Lane roundabout, traffic will be diverted at Rackhams Corner roundabout via the B1375 and Millennium Way.
These diversions will be signposted clearly.
- 1 Vandals target parked car with damage caused overnight
- 2 Lowestoft's new beach huts hit the market at £30,000 each
- 3 Coastwatch volunteer encourages public to stay on the lookout for body parts
- 4 Man arrested and charged following robbery at Shell garage
- 5 Lowestoft Co-op now on Just Eat
- 6 Woman arrested after cannabis and edible highs seized in police raid
- 7 Taco Bell set to open in McDonald's former town centre premises
- 8 Family of 'beautiful' Tilli, five, launch appeal to aid rehabilitation
- 9 Find a new family for cat made homeless after a puppy moved in
- 10 WATCH: Moment teen pulls BB gun on shopkeeper
During the closure, there will be no access to the A47 and all lay-bys will be closed.
The works are estimated to end by Monday, October 4.