Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Highways England is carrying out overnight maintenance on Bascule Bridge, which connects the south of Lowestoft with the north.
The bridge will be closed between 8pm and 6am from Monday August 2-Friday August 6.
Bascule Bridge will remain open over the weekend.
A diversion route will be in operation and with the closure in place "delays are likely" according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
It said: "A47 northbound and southbound Bascule Bridge, Lowestoft - carriageway closure and diversion route due to maintenance works on behalf of Ringway."
You may also want to watch:
Travellers using First Eastern Counties Buses are being warned of the temporary closure.
Last week, a post on the First bus website said: "The Bascule bridge in Lowestoft will be closed overnight from 8pm until 6am.
- 1 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 4 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 5 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 6 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 7 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 8 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 9 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft
- 10 Damaged opiate vials at hospital 'likely a manufacturing fault'
"Buses will be on diversion via Oulton Broad. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."