Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Highways England is carrying out overnight maintenance on Bascule Bridge, which connects the south of Lowestoft with the north.
The bridge will be closed between 8pm and 6am from Monday August 2-Friday August 6.
Bascule Bridge will remain open over the weekend.
A diversion route will be in operation and with the closure in place "delays are likely" according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
It said: "A47 northbound and southbound Bascule Bridge, Lowestoft - carriageway closure and diversion route due to maintenance works on behalf of Ringway."
Travellers using First Eastern Counties Buses are being warned of the temporary closure.
Last week, a post on the First bus website said: "The Bascule bridge in Lowestoft will be closed overnight from 8pm until 6am.
- 1 'It will look fantastic': Work to restore former Post Office under way
- 2 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 3 'Something special': First Light Festival to return with new events
- 4 New trees planted on disused piece of land as Community Garden is unveiled
- 5 Bikes stolen in garage break-ins and separate theft in Lowestoft
- 6 Man punched in face in Lowestoft supermarket car park
- 7 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 8 Man, 33, charged following Lowestoft burglary
- 9 Three bikes stolen in latest spate of cycle thefts
- 10 Green light to restore High Street shopfronts dating back to 1860s
"Buses will be on diversion via Oulton Broad. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."