Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Drivers could face disruption as a series of repair works take place overnight on a busy bridge.
Highways England will be carrying out maintenance works to the A47 Bascule Bridge in Lowestoft.
The A47 Bascule Bridge will be closed overnight from 8pm on Wednesday, July 28 until 6am on Thursday, July 29 - with further overnight closures in place until 6am on Saturday, August 7.
A diversion route will be in operation and with the closure in place "delays are likely" according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
It said: "A47 northbound and southbound Bascule Bridge, Lowestoft - carriageway closure and diversion route due to maintenance works on behalf of Ringway."
Travellers using First Eastern Counties Buses are being warned of the temporary closure.
A post on the First bus website said: "The Bascule bridge in Lowestoft will be closed overnight from 8pm until 6am.
- 1 'It will look fantastic': Work to restore former Post Office under way
- 2 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 3 'Something special': First Light Festival to return with new events
- 4 Man punched in face in Lowestoft supermarket car park
- 5 Bikes stolen in garage break-ins and separate theft in Lowestoft
- 6 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 7 Green light to restore High Street shopfronts dating back to 1860s
- 8 New trees planted on disused piece of land as Community Garden is unveiled
- 9 Man, 33, charged following Lowestoft burglary
- 10 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
"Buses will be on diversion via Oulton Broad. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."