Busy road set to be closed once more with traffic diverted
- Credit: Google Images
A busy road is set to be temporarily closed for the second time in a month to allow work to be carried out.
Motorists are being warned to expect delays this week as Corton Long Lane in north Lowestoft is to be closed with traffic diverted.
Essex And Suffolk Water will be carrying out the works on Corton Long Lane with the road closed from December 8 to December 10.
With the road temporarily closed and traffic restrictions in place “delays are likely” while the work is carried out, according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
It states that the work is taking place outside 5 Corton Long Lane to “connect new main" among associated works.
A diversion route of 6.5km will be in operation throughout the course of the works.
This latest road closure comes after Essex And Suffolk Water carried out repair works to "dig out defect in carriageway” on Corton Long Lane between November 17 to November 19.
- 1 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 2 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 3 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 4 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 5 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 6 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?