Busy road set to be closed once more with traffic diverted
- Credit: Google Images
A busy road is set to be temporarily closed for the second time in a month to allow work to be carried out.
Motorists are being warned to expect delays this week as Corton Long Lane in north Lowestoft is to be closed with traffic diverted.
Essex And Suffolk Water will be carrying out the works on Corton Long Lane with the road closed from December 8 to December 10.
With the road temporarily closed and traffic restrictions in place “delays are likely” while the work is carried out, according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
It states that the work is taking place outside 5 Corton Long Lane to “connect new main" among associated works.
A diversion route of 6.5km will be in operation throughout the course of the works.
This latest road closure comes after Essex And Suffolk Water carried out repair works to "dig out defect in carriageway” on Corton Long Lane between November 17 to November 19.
- 1 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 4 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 5 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 People 'clambering over and fishing from' danger defences
- 8 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 9 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales