Busy road set to be closed once more with traffic diverted
- Credit: Google Images
A busy road is set to be temporarily closed for the second time in a month to allow work to be carried out.
Motorists are being warned to expect delays this week as Corton Long Lane in north Lowestoft is to be closed with traffic diverted.
Essex And Suffolk Water will be carrying out the works on Corton Long Lane with the road closed from December 8 to December 10.
With the road temporarily closed and traffic restrictions in place “delays are likely” while the work is carried out, according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
It states that the work is taking place outside 5 Corton Long Lane to “connect new main" among associated works.
A diversion route of 6.5km will be in operation throughout the course of the works.
This latest road closure comes after Essex And Suffolk Water carried out repair works to "dig out defect in carriageway” on Corton Long Lane between November 17 to November 19.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 7 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft