Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- Credit: Google Images
Drivers are being warned to expect delays as a busy road is temporarily closed.
Suffolk Highways will temporarily close the B1385 Corton Long Lane at Corton, near Lowestoft as "gully cleaning" works are carried out on Friday, October 15.
Traffic is set to be diverted with the works taking place between 9.30am and 3.30pm.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, "delays are likely" while the work is being carried out.
Affecting the "full extent of the road", the B1385 Corton Long Lane will be closed and traffic diverted.
You may also want to watch:
It states: "Urgent - Blocked drainage causing flooding on the highway."
Motorists are being urged to "follow the diversion along the B1385, A47, B1385 and vice versa," according to Suffolk Highways.
You can keep up to date with all of the latest delays on the roads via the Live Traffic Map.
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 3 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 6 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 7 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street
- 8 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year