Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Part of the A143 is currently closed due a crash in the early hours of this morning.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to a road traffic collision in Belton, near Fritton, along the A143 Beccles Road at 1.46am on Saturday.
Crews from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended the scene, which was made safe and the passengers were released using hydraulic rescue equipment.
The road was first closed while investigation works took place and while this is now completed, it is still shut due to emergency resurfacing repairs and spillage.
The closure is on the A143 Beccles Road both ways from Church Lane to Beccles Road.
Norfolk Police tweeted that diversions are in place and people should avoid this route.
- 1 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 2 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 3 'Boris needs to go' - Hotel manager's anger over alleged No 10 party
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 7 RAF veteran 'overwhelmed' after receiving 600 cards for 100th birthday
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Have your say on new hospital for Great Yarmouth and Waveney
- 10 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas