Village roads to be closed temporarily for 'urgent' works in Kessingland
- Credit: Google Images
Motorists are being warned to expect delays as sections of two village roads are temporarily closed for emergency works.
Suffolk Highways will temporarily close parts of Whites Lane and Chruch Road in Kessingland, near Lowestoft as "emergency drainage works" are carried out on Thursday, October 28.
The roads will be temporarily closed as the works take place between 7.30am and 1pm.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, "delays are likely" while the work is being carried out.
Whites Lane, Kessingland will be closed "from High Street until Church Road" for the "urgent" gully cleansing/jetting works.
Similarly, a section of Church Road will be closed "from Whites Lane until Lloyds Avenue" for the works.
Travellers using First Eastern Counties Buses are being warned of the temporary closures.
- 1 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 2 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 3 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 4 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 5 Victorian theme attracts hundreds for town's festivities
- 6 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 9 Man charged and two arrested after victim hit with knife in assault
- 10 Man involved in the supply of ecstasy could be jailed
A post on the First bus website said: "Whites Lane, Kessingland is closed between 7.30am and 1pm on Thursday to facilitate emergency drainage works.
"The Route 99 will be unable to serve the stops at Church Road and Africa Alive and will be diverted."
You can keep up to date with all of the latest delays on the roads via the Live Traffic Map.