Busy Lowestoft road to close for emergency repairs
- Credit: Google Images
A busy road in Lowestoft will be closed temporarily as emergency repairs are carried out.
Motorists are being warned to expect delays as the A47 Denmark Road in Lowestoft is to be closed "for pothole repairs" with traffic diverted.
Suffolk Highways will be carrying out the works with the road closed between 9.30am and noon on Wednesday, March 31.
With the road temporarily closed and traffic restrictions in place “delays are likely” while the work is carried out, according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
It states that the work on the A47 Denmark Road in Lowestoft will be carried out "from Trafalgar Street until Katwijk Way."
You may also want to watch:
Travellers using First Eastern Counties Buses service are being warned of the emergency road closure.
A post on the First bus website said: "The three journeys affected on service 106 will operate via Katwijk Way, St Peters Street and Rotterdam Road in both directions.
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 4 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 7 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
"We apologise for any inconvenience caused."
Visit our live traffic map for the latest delays.