Emergency works lead to road being closed
- Credit: Mick Howes
A busy road has been closed to traffic in a coastal town as emergency repairs are carried out.
Motorists are being warned of delays as Bloodmoor Road in Lowestoft was closed at 10am on Tuesday morning (December 8).
Essex And Suffolk Water are carrying out the works, close to the roundabout on Bloodmoor Road, with the road closed from December 8 until 11.59pm tomorrow night (Wednesday, December 9).
With the road temporarily closed, “delays are likely” while the work is carried out, according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
It states that the work is taking place outside 4 Bloodmoor Road to “repair two dangerous covers in carriageway" among associated works.
Traffic is being diverted along Tom Crisp Way in Lowestoft as the work takes place.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 2 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 3 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 4 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 7 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 8 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 9 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 10 Lowestoft man denies breaching restraining order moments after it was made