A146 reopens after hydraulic fluid spill
- Credit: Twitter/@LowestoftPolice
A hydraulic fluid spill closed part of the A146 in Carlton Colville on Tuesday afternoon.
Traffic is coping well despite the westbound lane of the A146 Beccles Road being closed near to the Crown pub, Suffolk Police said.
Drivers were urged to avoid the road until both lanes reopened.
Taking to Twitter shortly before 2pm, Lowestoft Police said: "A146 Carlton Colville westbound lane closed due to hydraulic fluid spill close to Crown PH.
"A lot of congestion as traffic able to use only eastbound lane for both directions.
You may also want to watch:
"Avoid this part of the A146 until road surface cleaned and westbound carriageway reopened."
The road reopened shortly before 2.30pm.
- 1 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 2 Hit-and-run leaves cyclist with head injuries
- 3 Decision to develop 33 homes in field deferred
- 4 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 5 Bid to demolish care home and build new one rejected
- 6 Plan passed to turn care home into 11 rooms for adults with complex needs
- 7 Seafront beach chalets demolished as part of major £1.6m scheme
- 8 Two people injured after crash between BMW and Vauxhall
- 9 Council to tackle exposed oil on beach after 1978 tanker spill
- 10 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike