A146 reopens after hydraulic fluid spill
- Credit: Twitter/@LowestoftPolice
A hydraulic fluid spill closed part of the A146 in Carlton Colville on Tuesday afternoon.
Traffic is coping well despite the westbound lane of the A146 Beccles Road being closed near to the Crown pub, Suffolk Police said.
Drivers were urged to avoid the road until both lanes reopened.
Taking to Twitter shortly before 2pm, Lowestoft Police said: "A146 Carlton Colville westbound lane closed due to hydraulic fluid spill close to Crown PH.
"A lot of congestion as traffic able to use only eastbound lane for both directions.
You may also want to watch:
"Avoid this part of the A146 until road surface cleaned and westbound carriageway reopened."
The road reopened shortly before 2.30pm.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Acid attack victim opens heart to TV star on true crime show
- 5 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 6 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 7 Adapted trike helping to fulfil dreams and bring back 'happy memories'
- 8 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 9 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 10 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase