A146 reopens after hydraulic fluid spill
- Credit: Twitter/@LowestoftPolice
A hydraulic fluid spill closed part of the A146 in Carlton Colville on Tuesday afternoon.
Traffic is coping well despite the westbound lane of the A146 Beccles Road being closed near to the Crown pub, Suffolk Police said.
Drivers were urged to avoid the road until both lanes reopened.
Taking to Twitter shortly before 2pm, Lowestoft Police said: "A146 Carlton Colville westbound lane closed due to hydraulic fluid spill close to Crown PH.
"A lot of congestion as traffic able to use only eastbound lane for both directions.
You may also want to watch:
"Avoid this part of the A146 until road surface cleaned and westbound carriageway reopened."
The road reopened shortly before 2.30pm.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 9 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 10 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021