Train services cancelled as tree blocks line
- Credit: James Bass
Peak time train services to Lowestoft have been cancelled this morning.
Greater Anglia has said the 7.44am service to Lowestoft from Saxmundham has been affected by a tree blocking the line.
The 7.34am service from Ipswich to Lowestoft has also been cancelled.
The tree is blocking the line between Westerfield and Woodbridge with Ipswich and Lowestoft trains subject to short notice delay alterations and cancellations.
Greater Anglia has said Network Rail engineers are on their way to the site to investigate and to attempt to remove the tree.
You may also want to watch:
A statement on the train operator's website has apologised to any passengers who have been affected by the disruption.
- 1 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 2 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 9 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 10 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC