Drivers face diversions with overnight closure of A47 bridge in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Drivers could face disruption as repair works are set to take place overnight on a busy bridge.
National Highways will be carrying out maintenance works to the A47 Bascule Bridge in Lowestoft.
The bridge will be closed overnight from 8pm on Monday, November 15 until 6am on Tuesday, November 16.
Two diversion routes will be in operation and with the closure in place delays are likely, according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
It said: "A47 northbound and southbound Bascule Bridge, Lowestoft - carriageway closure and diversion route due to maintenance works on behalf of Ringway."
Diversion routes of 7.3km and 6.7km will be in operation for the overnight works.
Travellers using First Eastern Counties Buses are being warned of the temporary closure.
- 1 New lease of life for vacant former supermarket
- 2 Motorbike and car involved in crash in Lowestoft
- 3 New Taco Bell restaurant 'will make a real difference to vibrancy' of town
- 4 Do you know him? CCTV appeal launched after Lowestoft assault
- 5 Suffolk care boss warns fuel costs could soon be unsustainable
- 6 Teen warned jail sentence 'almost inevitable' for cocaine dealing
- 7 Two men in 20s arrested after serious Lowestoft assault
- 8 Chance of a bargain as home goes under the hammer for £60,000
- 9 High drama and wise words as First Light Festival returns
- 10 Drone video reveals best look at Gull Wing bridge project
A post on the First bus website said: "Our services will be diverted via Oulton Broad in both directions."
Keep up to date with all of the latest delays on the roads via the Live Traffic Map.