Overnight works continuing on A47 with closures in north Lowestoft
- Credit: Google Images
Drivers are being warned they could face delays as a busy stretch of the A47 in north Lowestoft is temporarily closed.
Overnight work has started as National Highways temporarily closes a section of the A47 in Lowestoft.
The resurfacing and inspection/survey works is being carried out overnight from 8pm each evening this week until 6am the following morning, with it scheduled to finish on Saturday, November 13 at 6am.
The works are being carried out in both directions of the A47 between the "Blundeston roundabout to the Jubilee Way roundabout" as a "northbound and southbound carriageway closure" is in place for three further nights between 8pm and 6am.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, "delays are possible" while the work is being carried out.
Travellers using First Eastern Counties Buses were being warned of the temporary closure.
It comes after Suffolk Highways temporarily closed a section of the A47 in Lowestoft last month as "essential maintenance work" was carried out.
Keep up to date with all of the latest delays on the roads via the Live Traffic Map.
- 1 Victorian theme attracts hundreds for town's festivities
- 2 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 3 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 4 Man charged and two arrested after victim hit with knife in assault
- 5 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 6 Man involved in the supply of ecstasy could be jailed
- 7 'Incredibly proud': Coastal college manager one of 50 to receive royal recognition
- 8 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
- 9 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed
- 10 New homes earmarked for former offices near town centre