Traffic to be diverted with busy road set to close for overnight works
- Credit: Google Images
Motorists are being warned to expect delays as a busy road is closed and traffic is diverted for two nights this month and next month.
Suffolk Highways will temporarily close the A1117 Peto Way in Lowestoft as overnight roadworks are carried out.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, "delays are likely" while the work is being carried out on Peto Way "from the roundabout with A1144 to the roundabout with Barnards Way" from May 20-22.
Suffolk Highways said it would be patching up parts of the carriageway, ahead of associated works, with the temporary closure in place from 7pm on May 20 to 7am on May 21 and then from 7pm on May 21 to 7am on May 22.
Further works will also take place with two overnight closures between June 7 to June 9 from 7pm to 7am for "carriageway patching prior to surface dressing."
You may also want to watch:
A diversion route - along the A1144, Rotterdam Road, Peto Way and vice versa - will be in operation.
Keep up to date with all of the latest delays on the roads via the Live Traffic Map.
- 1 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 2 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault
- 3 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 7 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 10 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale