Lines blocked as train breaks down at Norwich station
- Credit: Archant
Disruption at Norwich railway station which saw a number of lines blocked has come to an end.
Greater Anglia said on Wednesday afternoon that an empty train near the Norwich depot had developed a fault, blocking some routes into the station.
Services running to and from Norwich were expected to be cancelled, delayed or revised.
The rail operator added that the faulty train would "need to be rescued".
Among the services cancelled was the 2.57pm from Lowestoft to Norwich, due to arrive in the city at 3.33pm.
Meanwhile, the 3.46pm Sheringham to Norwich service started at Cromer instead, while the 3.48pm Lowestoft to Norwich service was running a few minutes late.
However, Greater Anglia informed passengers at around 3.30pm that disruption had ended.
- 1 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 4 'Don't ask, don't get' - Town council says no to Lowestoft city status bid
- 5 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 6 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 7 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
- 8 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 9 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 10 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary