Rail passengers face weekend disruption due to repair work
- Credit: Mick Howes
Rail journeys could be affected this weekend as essential track and bridge maintenance works take place.
People are being warned as Network Rail carries out re-signalling and bridge maintenance work.
Buses will replace trains between Norwich and Great Yarmouth, between Norwich and Lowestoft and between Halesworth and Lowestoft all weekend.
The re-signalling work will take place on the Wherry Lines between Norwich, Lowestoft, and Yarmouth as maintenance work takes place at Oulton Broad swing bridge on Saturday, May 22 and Sunday, May 23.
A Greater Anglia spokesman said: "Planned engineering work will take place between Norwich and Great Yarmouth/Lowestoft via Brundall from 2am on Saturday, May 22 to 2am on Monday, May 24.
You may also want to watch:
"All services will be replaced by buses throughout.
"Sorry, we cannot convey full-size bicycles or e-scooters on replacement buses."
- 1 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 2 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault
- 3 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 7 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 10 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
Buses will also replace trains between Halesworth and Lowestoft all weekend.
A Greater Anglia spokesman said: "On Saturday, May 22 and Sunday, May 23, Network Rail is undertaking planned engineering work on the East Suffolk Line between Halesworth and Lowestoft from 3am on May 22 to 3am on May 24.
"As a result, buses replace trains between Halesworth and Lowestoft via intermediate stations.
"The 22.02pm Ipswich to Lowestoft train service on Sunday, May 23 will be replaced by a bus service throughout.
"All lines will be blocked."