Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- Credit: ANDY SMITH/SUFFOLK FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE
Dozens of firefighters worked through the night to put out flames at a major barn fire near Southwold.
Nine fire crews, including units from Leiston, Halesworth, Southwold, and Haverhill, battled the blaze at a property in Lowestoft Road in Reydon.
Teams were called to the fire shortly after 2am on Saturday and a stop was called to the incident at 5.21am.
One fire crew remains at the scene this morning.
Area manager Andy Smith tweeted: “Suffolk Fire dealing with a barn fire in Reydon.
"Four pumps, water carrier, and command support vehicle in attendance.”
No-one is believed to have been injured in the blaze and it is now mostly under control, with a single crew remaining to monitor hotspots.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 6 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 9 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
- 10 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service has been contacted for additional information.