Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- Credit: Google Maps
A road has been temporarily closed for the second time in less than a month as emergency repairs are carried out.
Motorists are being warned to expect delays as Church Lane in Corton is closed with traffic diverted.
Essex And Suffolk Water will be carrying out the works with the road closed from today (January 18) until 11.59pm on Wednesday, January 20.
With the road temporarily closed and traffic restrictions in place “delays are likely” while the work is carried out, according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
It states that the work is taking place not far from St Bartholomew Church in Corton and Broadland Sands Holiday Park to “dig out dangerous defect in carriageway".
You may also want to watch:
This latest road closure comes after works were carried out on Church Lane in December.
Travellers using First Eastern Counties Buses Coastal Clipper service were being warned of the emergency road closure.
- 1 Teen lands in court over spate of thefts from vehicles
- 2 Border Force alerted after lifeboat recovers abandoned dinghy
- 3 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 4 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 5 Delays expected for bridge works
- 6 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 7 Cultural hub could transform 'key town centre site' in £35m project
- 8 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building
- 9 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 10 Major investments at 'incredibly exciting time' for coastal town
A post on the First bus website said: "On these days all journeys on service 1/1A will operate direct via the A47 between Hopton and Gunton Tesco."
Visit our live traffic map for the latest delays.