Road to close with traffic diverted for bridge works
- Credit: Google Maps
A road is set to be closed temporarily with traffic diverted as work is carried out on a bridge.
Suffolk Highways will be carrying out maintenance works in Ellough, near Beccles, next month.
With the work being carried out to Ellough Hall Bridge, it means that in order for the repairs to take place, Church Road will be closed between February 1 and February 3.
The works will be taking place from the "junction with Hulver Road going south for 110 metres."
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, “delays are likely” while the work is carried out.
You may also want to watch:
It states: "Ellough Hall Bridge, Ellough closed from the junction with Hulver Road for 110 metres southbound for maintenance work to bridge."
It adds: "There may be times where there will be no access through the site for pedestrians/cyclists."
- 1 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 2 Hit-and-run leaves cyclist with head injuries
- 3 Decision to develop 33 homes in field deferred
- 4 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 5 Bid to demolish care home and build new one rejected
- 6 Seafront beach chalets demolished as part of major £1.6m scheme
- 7 Plan passed to turn care home into 11 rooms for adults with complex needs
- 8 Two people injured after crash between BMW and Vauxhall
- 9 Council to tackle exposed oil on beach after 1978 tanker spill
- 10 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike
A diversion route will be in operation throughout the works, along Church Road, Jay’s Hill Road, the B1127, Hulver Road, and vice versa.
You can keep up to date with all of the latest delays on the roads on our website via our Live Traffic Map.