Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- Credit: Google Images
Drivers are being warned of possible delays as a busy road is closed and traffic is diverted for the next 10 days.
Work has started as Suffolk Highways temporarily closes Normanston Drive in Lowestoft.
Fibre cable works are under way from now until 11.59pm on Friday, October 29 as CityFibre Metro Networks Ltd carry out works on Normanston Drive.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, "delays are likely" while the work is being carried out.
A diversion route of about 3.8km will be in operation throughout the course of the works.
Travellers using First Eastern Counties Buses are being warned of the temporary closure.
A post on the First bus website said: "Normanston Drive will be closed towards Lowestoft bus station to allow the installation of fibre cable works until Friday, October 29.
- 1 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 2 Drone video reveals best look at Gull Wing bridge project
- 3 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 4 New lease of life for vacant former supermarket
- 5 Motorbike and car involved in crash in Lowestoft
- 6 Do you know him? CCTV appeal launched after Lowestoft assault
- 7 Community response hailed as Tilli, five, continues recovery after stroke
- 8 Suffolk care boss warns fuel costs could soon be unsustainable
- 9 Power tools stolen after shed broken into overnight
- 10 Drivers urged to avoid part of A47 due to a fallen tree
"Routes 105, 106 and 122 will therefore be diverted via Gorleston Road, Somerleyton Road, Millennium Way and Peto Way."
Keep up to date with all of the latest delays on the roads via the Live Traffic Map.