Village road to be closed for 'urgent' flood works
- Credit: Google Images
Motorists are being warned they could face disruption as part of a village road is temporarily closed for emergency works.
Suffolk Highways will temporarily close a section of Church Road in Kessingland as "urgent flood relief works" are carried out on Tuesday, December 14.
The road will be temporarily closed and traffic diverted as the works take place between 9am and 3.30pm.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, "delays are likely" while the work is being carried out, with traffic to be diverted.
It states the road closure will be in place on Church Road in Kessingland "from the footpath between Church Road until 145 Church Road" for gully cleaning after "flooding on the Highway".
A Suffolk Highways spokesman said: "A closure will be in place along Church Road, Kessingland on December 14 between 9am and 3.30pm, for gully cleaning.
"Please follow the diversion along High Street, Field Lane, Wash Lane and vice versa."
- 1 Lowestoft man battling back after prostate cancer diagnosis
- 2 Seven places to get a fry-up in Lowestoft
- 3 East Anglia’s ports tap into fast-growing domestic cruise market
- 4 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 5 'We will all miss him': Poignant tributes paid to 'brilliant' solicitor
- 6 First Buses to change tickets to make travel simpler
- 7 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 8 Clean up operation after potato slurry spill in Lowestoft
- 9 Work begins on demountable flood gate in Lowestoft
- 10 Can you spot yourself in these Lowestoft school photos through the years?
Travellers using First Eastern Counties Buses and BorderBus are being warned of the temporary closure.
Keep up to date with all of the latest delays on the roads via the Live Traffic Map.