North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- Credit: Google Images
Part of a north Suffolk road will be temporarily closed next week for repairs.
Motorists are being warned to expect delays as a section of the B1126 Wangford Road is to be closed with traffic diverted.
Suffolk Highways will be carrying out "permanent repairs to broken gully grate and frame" with the road closed at Wangford Hill between 9.30am and noon on Wednesday, June 23.
With the road temporarily closed and traffic restrictions in place “delays are likely”, according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
A diversion route along the B1126, A1095, A12, B1126 and vice versa will be in operation.
You may also want to watch:
Travellers using First Eastern Counties Buses service are being warned of the diversion.
A post on the First bus website said: "A section of Wangford Hill between Wangford and Reydon will be closed to allow for gully repairs.
- 1 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 2 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 3 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 6 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 7 Mountain bike stolen from outside gym on retail park
- 8 Joy as supported living service retains 'good' CQC inspection result
- 9 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 10 Wartime evacuees set to reunite in Lowestoft
"The 10.10am ex Southwold service 99 will be affected by this closure and will instead operate via the coast road route (Reydon, South Cove, Wrentham)."
Visit our live traffic map for the latest delays.