Train chaos for commuters due to signal fault
- Credit: Archant
All trains out of Lowestoft are being cancelled, delayed or revised due to a signalling fault at Oulton Broad North.
Trains to and from Norwich and Ipswich are unable to run to Lowestoft, with all services diverted to Great Yarmouth.
Greater Anglia said on Twitter: 'Due to a fault with the signalling system between Oulton Broad North and Lowestoft all lines are blocked.
'As a result train services between Norwich and Lowestoft will be diverted to Great Yarmouth. A rail replacement bus will operate between Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft.'
They added: 'Ipswich to Lowestoft services will terminate and start from Oulton Broad South. Greater Anglia tickets will be accepted on local buses X2 and X22 between Beccles and Lowestoft.'
You may also want to watch:
There is also a replacement bus service to Oulton Broad South for passengers travelling to Ipswich.
National Rail also said on Twitter the disruption was expected to last until at least 6pm.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 8 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings