Train disruption for coastal towns lies ahead due to engineering work
- Credit: James Bass
Trains to and from coastal towns will be disrupted over the coming months as engineering work take place.
Greater Anglia have released their planned work schedule along with the disruption it will cause on the weekends.
On Sunday, September 23, buses will replace the Norwich to Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth lines all day.
On Sunday, September 30, taxis will be provided for the 7.25 Norwich to Lowestoft and the 7.36 Norwich to Great Yarmouth services.
The weekend after, on October 6 and 7, buses will replace trains between Norwich and Lowestoft/Great Yarmouth and between Beccles and Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
On October 20 and 21, Norwich to Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft services will be replaced by buses, and Ipswich to Lowestoft services will be replaced by buses between Saxmundham and Lowestoft.
During the whole of the week commencing Monday, October 22, to Sunday, October 28, buses will replace Norwich to Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft services.
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 5 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 6 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 9 Nail gun and drill among tools stolen in theft from VW van
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
During the weekend of October 27 and 28, trains to and from Ipswich and Lowestoft will also be replaced by buses between Lowestoft and Saxmundham.