Train disruption for coastal towns lies ahead due to engineering work
- Credit: James Bass
Trains to and from coastal towns will be disrupted over the coming months as engineering work take place.
Greater Anglia have released their planned work schedule along with the disruption it will cause on the weekends.
On Sunday, September 23, buses will replace the Norwich to Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth lines all day.
On Sunday, September 30, taxis will be provided for the 7.25 Norwich to Lowestoft and the 7.36 Norwich to Great Yarmouth services.
The weekend after, on October 6 and 7, buses will replace trains between Norwich and Lowestoft/Great Yarmouth and between Beccles and Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
On October 20 and 21, Norwich to Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft services will be replaced by buses, and Ipswich to Lowestoft services will be replaced by buses between Saxmundham and Lowestoft.
During the whole of the week commencing Monday, October 22, to Sunday, October 28, buses will replace Norwich to Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft services.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
During the weekend of October 27 and 28, trains to and from Ipswich and Lowestoft will also be replaced by buses between Lowestoft and Saxmundham.