Train hits car on East Suffolk line
A CAR has collided with a train on a level crossing in Suffolk.
The black BMW was struck on the Lime Kiln crossing in Melton, near Woodbridge, at about 2.25pm today (Monday).
Suffolk police said there were no injuries in the collision on the East Suffolk line, with the car driver escaping unhurt and no passengers reporting any problems.
A force spokesman said there was damage to the car. 'The vehicle is currently stuck between the train and the crossing lights,' she said.
She added that breath tests carried out at the scene had been negative. British Transport Police will be taking on the investigation into the cause of the crash.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced