Train hits car on East Suffolk line
A CAR has collided with a train on a level crossing in Suffolk.
The black BMW was struck on the Lime Kiln crossing in Melton, near Woodbridge, at about 2.25pm today (Monday).
Suffolk police said there were no injuries in the collision on the East Suffolk line, with the car driver escaping unhurt and no passengers reporting any problems.
A force spokesman said there was damage to the car. 'The vehicle is currently stuck between the train and the crossing lights,' she said.
She added that breath tests carried out at the scene had been negative. British Transport Police will be taking on the investigation into the cause of the crash.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park