Trains cancelled and diverted due to swing bridge fault
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
All lines between Norwich and Lowestoft are blocked following a swing bridge failure.
Reedham swing bridge has failed, meaning trains are unable to use it and travel between Cantley and Haddiscoe.
Trains between Lowestoft and Norwich are likely to be cancelled or diverted,, with disruption likely to last until 6pm.
Greater Anglia's website said: 'Due to a fault with a river swing bridge between Haddiscoe and Cantley all lines are blocked. Network Rail engineers are en route to the area.
'Train services running through these stations may be cancelled, delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until 6pm today.'
You may also want to watch:
This problem adds to the issues facing visitors to Lowestoft this weekend, with planned engineering work overnight between Saturday, September 22 and Monday, September 24, meaning bus replacement services will be serving the routes between Norwich and Lowestoft on Sunday, September 23.
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 3 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 7 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown