Trains cancelled and diverted due to swing bridge fault
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
All lines between Norwich and Lowestoft are blocked following a swing bridge failure.
Reedham swing bridge has failed, meaning trains are unable to use it and travel between Cantley and Haddiscoe.
Trains between Lowestoft and Norwich are likely to be cancelled or diverted,, with disruption likely to last until 6pm.
Greater Anglia's website said: 'Due to a fault with a river swing bridge between Haddiscoe and Cantley all lines are blocked. Network Rail engineers are en route to the area.
'Train services running through these stations may be cancelled, delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until 6pm today.'
You may also want to watch:
This problem adds to the issues facing visitors to Lowestoft this weekend, with planned engineering work overnight between Saturday, September 22 and Monday, September 24, meaning bus replacement services will be serving the routes between Norwich and Lowestoft on Sunday, September 23.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 9 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
- 10 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death