Trains cancelled and diverted due to swing bridge fault
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
All lines between Norwich and Lowestoft are blocked following a swing bridge failure.
Reedham swing bridge has failed, meaning trains are unable to use it and travel between Cantley and Haddiscoe.
Trains between Lowestoft and Norwich are likely to be cancelled or diverted,, with disruption likely to last until 6pm.
Greater Anglia's website said: 'Due to a fault with a river swing bridge between Haddiscoe and Cantley all lines are blocked. Network Rail engineers are en route to the area.
'Train services running through these stations may be cancelled, delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until 6pm today.'
You may also want to watch:
This problem adds to the issues facing visitors to Lowestoft this weekend, with planned engineering work overnight between Saturday, September 22 and Monday, September 24, meaning bus replacement services will be serving the routes between Norwich and Lowestoft on Sunday, September 23.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 9 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 10 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021