Train services to Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth cancelled this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Beast from the East continues to cause severe rail disruption around the region as a number of lines remain closed.
All trains scheduled to arrive and depart Lowestoft and Oulton Broad North have been cancelled because of the snow today (March 3).
Likewise all trains scheduled to arrive and depart from Great Yarmouth have also been cancelled.
A reduced service is running across the Greater Anglia network, with cancellations and delays on the majority of lines.
The Norwich to Great Yarmouth, Norwich to Lowestoft and Ipswich to Lowestoft lines will remain closed all weekend.
You may also want to watch:
These include the Norwich to London lines, and the Norwich to Cambridge, Ipswich to Felixstowe, Cambridge, and Peterborough.
This is due to access issues with signal boxes and an inability to deal with problems on the line because of the poor road conditions in rural areas.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
Greater Anglia are advising customers to continue to check their website before travelling to the station, or ring their 24 hours a day customer service line on 0345 600 7245.