Train services to Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth cancelled this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Beast from the East continues to cause severe rail disruption around the region as a number of lines remain closed.
All trains scheduled to arrive and depart Lowestoft and Oulton Broad North have been cancelled because of the snow today (March 3).
Likewise all trains scheduled to arrive and depart from Great Yarmouth have also been cancelled.
A reduced service is running across the Greater Anglia network, with cancellations and delays on the majority of lines.
The Norwich to Great Yarmouth, Norwich to Lowestoft and Ipswich to Lowestoft lines will remain closed all weekend.
You may also want to watch:
These include the Norwich to London lines, and the Norwich to Cambridge, Ipswich to Felixstowe, Cambridge, and Peterborough.
This is due to access issues with signal boxes and an inability to deal with problems on the line because of the poor road conditions in rural areas.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
Greater Anglia are advising customers to continue to check their website before travelling to the station, or ring their 24 hours a day customer service line on 0345 600 7245.