Travellers set up camp in car park
- Credit: Archant
A group of travellers have arrived in Lowestoft.
The travellers set up camp on a car park near the Fyffe Centre off Belvedere Road on the morning of Wednesday, April 11.
A spokesman for Waveney District Council said: 'We are aware of a small unauthorised encampment at Belvedere Road in Lowestoft, which arrived on Wednesday.
'In accordance with the Suffolk-wide protocol for unauthorised encampments, regular visits are being made to the site, including an initial welfare assessment.
'As always, the Council will be working closely with Suffolk Police and the Norfolk and Suffolk Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Liaison Service.
You may also want to watch:
'A notice to vacate the site was served on Wednesday and it is expected that the travellers will vacate the site shortly, however should this not be the case, we will begin proceedings to move the encampment on.'
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 4 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 8 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings