Travellers set up camp in car park
- Credit: Archant
A group of travellers have arrived in Lowestoft.
The travellers set up camp on a car park near the Fyffe Centre off Belvedere Road on the morning of Wednesday, April 11.
A spokesman for Waveney District Council said: 'We are aware of a small unauthorised encampment at Belvedere Road in Lowestoft, which arrived on Wednesday.
'In accordance with the Suffolk-wide protocol for unauthorised encampments, regular visits are being made to the site, including an initial welfare assessment.
'As always, the Council will be working closely with Suffolk Police and the Norfolk and Suffolk Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Liaison Service.
You may also want to watch:
'A notice to vacate the site was served on Wednesday and it is expected that the travellers will vacate the site shortly, however should this not be the case, we will begin proceedings to move the encampment on.'
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew