Tributes paid to teenager who died after having a heart attack in Lowestoft

The East Anglian Air Ambulance at the scene

The East Anglian Air Ambulance at the scene - Credit: Archant

Tributes have been paid to a teenage girl who died after suffering a heart attack in Lowestoft on Sunday.

A police spokesman confirmed that she had died in hospital late on Sunday evening, and her death is not being treated as suspicious.

The East of England Ambulance Service received a call at 4.15pm to a report of a teenager who was in cardiac arrest at the Tower Retail Park.

It is believed that the young girl worked at the Homebase DIY Store which is close to where the incident occured.

A Homebase spokesman said: 'We would like to extend our deepest sympathies to the family of the young woman who tragically died after being taken ill in the Homebase car park on the Tower Retail Park in Lowestoft.'

You may also want to watch:

The Parish Clerk for Gisleham, Elizabeth Rivett, was shocked to hear of the news.

She said: 'It is a terribly tragic thing to happen. Thank goodness that it happened in a place where the air ambulance could land, although it looks like it was just too late.

Most Read

'We are so sorry to hear of this tragedy and our thoughts are with the family at this difficult time.'

A rapid response vehicle attended in less than four minutes and an ambulance crew was on scene in under eight minutes.

The East Anglian Air Ambulance from Norwich landed in the car park at about 4.40pm.

A spokesman for the charity said the female was in her 'late teens' and was airlifted to the James Paget Hospital.

The air crew of Dr Antonio Bellini and critical care paramedic Gary Stewart treated the girl and she was at the hospital by 5pm.

The retail park consists of two outlets, Homebase DIY Store and a Pizza Hut restaurant.

A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said the teenager had been in a 'critical' condition when she was taken to hospital.

Despite their best efforts she was sadly declared dead at the hospital.

A police spokesman added that proceedings with the coroner would begin in due course.

Do you know the teenager or want to pay tribute to her? Email:

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus