TripAdvisor’s top Chinese takeaways in Waveney
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Today marks the first day of the Chinese New Year.
More than a billion people will today be celebrating the start of the Year of the Pig.
The pig is the final year in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac signs and represents good fortune, hard work and enthusiasm.
To celebrate the New Year what better way than to pig out at your favourite Chinese takeaway.
According to TripAdvisor these are some of best:
You may also want to watch:
3 – Superfry, Blyburgate, Beccles
This popular takeaway has been a staple in the town for some time but is always attracting new customers.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 7 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
Of their experience one customer wrote: 'Amazing and super tasty. Great flavour/quality Chinese takeaway food.
'Delivered in good time and everything arrived hot. Superfry provides a very enjoyable meal, that isn't laoded with salt.
'This was our first order and now our first choice for Chinese food.'
2 – Fortune Cookie, London Road South, Lowestoft
This much-loved Chinese restaurant receives five star ratings for its service and value.
Many of the comments left by patrons praise the 'hilarious' and charismatic owner.
One reviewer said: 'We decided to try the set menu as it looked good and was easy. Not disappointed food cooked fresh to order and the owner gave us all the time in the world and was also very friendly.
'There was enough for the 3 of us but if were required anything else it would be available no problem. We were very impressed with the overall set up and will definitely go back.'
1 – Oriental Kitchen, Pier Terrace, Lowestoft
Taking the top spot is Lowestoft's Oriental Kitchen.
The restaurant earned an incredible 88pc Excellent rating from 99 reviews.
One happy customer said: 'Best Chinese takeaway in town. Been here countless times, and all I can say is, I am impressed every single time.
'The food is tasty and not dripping in oil like you would with other takeaways. The portions are cheap but well sized, it's fantastic value for money.
'We often have the tofu in black bean sauce, tofu in hot chilli sauce and chow mein and can never fault the dishes.
'The service is exemplary. Always greeted with a smile, helpful and friendly. A lot of chains can learn a lot from here.
'Cannot recommend this place enough.'