The best places to grab a cuppa in Lowestoft, according to TripAdvisor
- Credit: Archant
It is hard to beat a perfect cup of tea.
And Lowestoft is filled to the brim with great independent cafés and shops to meet friends or grab a cup of coffee on the go.
But which café reigns supreme?
Following the closure of No Place Like Home, in High Street Last month, these are TripAdvisor's top three cafes in the town:
3) Footprints Coffee Shop, High Street
You may also want to watch:
The homemade cakes and friendly staff have established the cafe as one of the best in town.
One reviewer said: 'I work locally and their homemade soup and roll for my lunch. All their cakes are made by a lovely lady who is an excellent cook and their bacon rolls are to die for.
- 1 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 2 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 3 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 4 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 5 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 6 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 10 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
'Well worth just going out of your way for a visit and a great cup of tea.'
2) Coffee Heart, London Road North
This independent family run café is renowned for its bubble tea, triple-decker sandwiches and impressive retro toy collection.
From 71 reviews the shop has earned a 75pc Excellent rating and boasts a varied menu – complete with vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options.
One reviewer said: 'Popped in with a friend for a cuppa and cake. Had the afternoon tea and the gluten free scone was delicious with loads of lovely jam and Cornish clotted cream and great cup of tea.
'A lovely place with very friendly and helpful staff. We will be back.'
1) The Coconut Loft, Waterloo Road
If you enjoy your coffee with a slice of culture The Coconut Loft is the place to be – with two galleries showcasing a range of colourful and original paintings.
The shop has received an 82pc Excellent rating from 118 reviews and its enviable location, just 100m from Lowestoft beach front, makes it a perfect pit stop.
Many customers comment on the friendly and helpful staff, with one review stating: 'We always visit The Coconut Loft, their coffee is simply the best in Lowestoft, if not Suffolk.
'The staff are always friendly and the food is plentiful and tasty – a little gem in Lowestoft.'