Two arrested after dispute at Lowestoft cashpoint
A MAN and a teenage girl have been arrested on suspicion of theft after trouble flared at a cashpoint in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses after an incident close to the cashpoint machines at the Asda store at Horn Hill about 7.40pm on Saturday (February 19).
'There was a dispute over cash that had been taken from one of the machines,' a police spokesman said. Officers subsequently arrested two people – a 24-year-old man and a 17-year-old girl - in connection with the incident.
Both have now been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on March 19 as police investigate the theft allegation.
'Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen the altercation,' the police spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
• If you were in the area around 7.40pm on Saturday please call PC 1646 Sillett on 01986 835300.
- 1 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 2 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 5 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 6 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 9 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns