Two arrested after dispute at Lowestoft cashpoint
A MAN and a teenage girl have been arrested on suspicion of theft after trouble flared at a cashpoint in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses after an incident close to the cashpoint machines at the Asda store at Horn Hill about 7.40pm on Saturday (February 19).
'There was a dispute over cash that had been taken from one of the machines,' a police spokesman said. Officers subsequently arrested two people – a 24-year-old man and a 17-year-old girl - in connection with the incident.
Both have now been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on March 19 as police investigate the theft allegation.
'Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen the altercation,' the police spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
• If you were in the area around 7.40pm on Saturday please call PC 1646 Sillett on 01986 835300.
- 1 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 2 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 3 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 6 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 7 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
- 8 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers
- 9 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 10 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town