Two arrested after dispute at Lowestoft cashpoint
A MAN and a teenage girl have been arrested on suspicion of theft after trouble flared at a cashpoint in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses after an incident close to the cashpoint machines at the Asda store at Horn Hill about 7.40pm on Saturday (February 19).
'There was a dispute over cash that had been taken from one of the machines,' a police spokesman said. Officers subsequently arrested two people – a 24-year-old man and a 17-year-old girl - in connection with the incident.
Both have now been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on March 19 as police investigate the theft allegation.
'Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen the altercation,' the police spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
• If you were in the area around 7.40pm on Saturday please call PC 1646 Sillett on 01986 835300.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 8 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 9 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings