Two arrested after dispute at Lowestoft cashpoint
A MAN and a teenage girl have been arrested on suspicion of theft after trouble flared at a cashpoint in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses after an incident close to the cashpoint machines at the Asda store at Horn Hill about 7.40pm on Saturday (February 19).
'There was a dispute over cash that had been taken from one of the machines,' a police spokesman said. Officers subsequently arrested two people – a 24-year-old man and a 17-year-old girl - in connection with the incident.
Both have now been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on March 19 as police investigate the theft allegation.
'Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen the altercation,' the police spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
• If you were in the area around 7.40pm on Saturday please call PC 1646 Sillett on 01986 835300.
- 1 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 9 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries