Two bodies found in Great Yarmouth
Stephen PullingerPolice this afternoon sealed off a neighbourhood garage in Great Yarmouth after discovering the bodies of two men.Stephen Pullinger
Police this afternoon sealed off a neighbourhood garage in Great Yarmouth after discovering the bodies of two men.
Officers were called to Halls Garage, in Camden Place, shortly after lunchtime after a 999 call from a member of the public who had gone to the premises.
Curious neighbours gathered outside this afternoon as the area was sealed off by police tape and scenes-of-crime officers began a painstaking investigation.
It is believed no signs of violence were found and police are working on the theory that the pair may have committed suicide together in the workshop for a reason as yet unknown.
You may also want to watch:
However, Insp Paul McCarthy, who is leading the investigation, would only confirm they were investigating the unexplained deaths of two males who worked at the premises, and there were a number of inquiries they were making.
He said at this stage police were not connecting the deaths with the disappearance of 30-year-old Derek Tempest who was last seen in Blackfriars Road, in the same area of town, last Wednesday.
- 1 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 8 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 9 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 10 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'We were called at 1.21pm. We had two ambulances and two officers on the scene.
"Two patients were in respiratory arrest. We did attempt resuscitation but were not successful. They were deceased at the scene."
James Childs, who runs a newsagent's in nearby Camden Road, said both men, who had motorbikes, used to come in his shop most days and one had been in this morning.
'They were two nice fellows and I got on well with them,' he said.
Concern is continuing to grow for Mr Tempest whose disappearance was described as out of character because he is usually in regular contact with friends and family.
He is described as 5ft 10in, with short light brown hair, clean shaven with a local accent. He was last seen in blue jeans, a dark brown/khaki jacket, white trainers and a white baseball cap.